Monday, December 8, 2008

mid-December

The good thing about having the discipline to hang up the Christmas lights is the light itself. It is dark for so many hours, and not even very sunny the other hours, that the extra light is so cheerful. My father died a year ago this week, and I find myself in mourning again. My mother has done very well, and I'm really proud of her. I need those little twinkles this week.

My neighbor found a fox in her yard yesterday morning, in convulsions. We speculate it has been poisoned, for the animal control people tell her that rabies in foxes is not a problem in Santa Clara County. Very disturbing. I shall keep the cats in for a few days to give the fox time to die or move on. How can people be so cruel?

1 comment:

elinorina said...

So sad about the fox... I had a beautiful dog, years ago, who died a painful and bloody death due to poisoning... You're right, how can people be so cruel? I do not understand it, at all...