Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The meeting at Hamburger University


Some account managers met the Food Team for a couple of days last week. We were outside Chicago, not where I would pick for March, but there was a customer visit. I was pleasantly surprised at the hotel site, it was on the McDonald campus where they do their corporate training. There were a lot of suits in the halls, apparel I don't often encounter in my line of work. You can see the campus includes several large classroom buildings, this one connected to the Hyatt by a covered walkway. But the best part was the memorabilia and art at the Hyatt. There was Ray Kroc's original malt machine. Wall art included a quilt of hamburger and fries, Mona Lisa with McDonald's bag on the floor next to her, Queen Beth eating fries out of a McDonald's sack, tumbling Ronalds in the shape of McD - you get the idea. Iconic and charming, not at all heavy-handed. I'd stay there again just to walk the halls of the Hyatt and look at the art.


2 comments:

pam said...

I would love to look at all that stuff!!

And for your comment on Smudge's ears, you were the only to notice. They are a bit ragged aren't they?

leilani said...

What fun! Worth being in Chicago in March. Of course, it wasn't any too warm here at night.
I'm ready for summer!