Monday, March 28, 2011

it is trying hard to be spring

There was a little sun yesterday.   After 3 weeks of rain, we finally have reached the average year to date rainfall, which is a good thing as it will now start raining.  We sat on the porch and had a drink yesterday evening, the first time this year, even though it was only 60 degrees.  There is a Great Egret hanging around here for the past few weeks.  First one I have ever seen here.  And a Rufous hummingbird visited the feeder - they migrate through for a few months, so he told me it is trying to be spring, too. 

I was looking for a photo this morning and poking through the blog archives.  I must say, I had forgotten much of that.  I am lucky to have this job - some of the things I have done have been really interesting.  Thanks, cuz, for prodding me into starting a blog.  You should get back to keeping yours up, too.

No comments: