Saturday, October 31, 2009

happy new year = happy Halloween

My company ends its fiscal year today. I have spent the past few days watching the sales numbers get posted. It is kind of like watching an election on TV. Oh! another 2%! I see this morning we still have not closed out the purchase orders, but I am close enough to quota that it is never no mind at this point. It's been a tough year, and I hustled as best as I knew to bring in the last bucks.

And the last bucks they will be. Monday I start the New Job which has been 3 impatient months in coming since I got the phone call out of the blue in July. Two years ago when my old job went poof! and I scrambled to find work within the company, I was glad enough to get the sales position. I got lots of lovely notes from customers when I sent out goodbyes yesterday; it was very gratifying to have made friends, andI will miss them. I've been bored, I felt like a square peg in a round hole, and then there was the PHBWT (if you read Dilbert). But before me I have a new beginning, an empty (almost) calendar, a cleaned-up and backed-up computer, a new notebook, a couple of exciting projects where I can use my 10 years of expertise at this company, and a fresh start with a different boss. This weekend I shall finish a new suit made with lovely green handwoven wool from my stash, and I shall wear it triumphantly Tuesday to meet with the old boss and the new replacement for the old position. After our meeting I shall go to my new, clean lab bench, unpack my pipettes and try to figure out what the new job really entails. But this weekend is all about optimism, my sewing room, and the world series. Enjoy. I shall.

No comments: