Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Why the Giants won the Pennent

We settled down to watch the pre-game hoopla on the TV last night, and G reminded me I had not washed his Giants tee shirt. I had my jersey on, of course, but since I didn't get anything on it the night before, I could still wear it again. Black tee shirts are apparently not so resilient, so I jumped up and dumped a mixed load of clothes in the washer. At the end of the second inning I checked the things in the dryer, and it was just barely damp. I told G he could put it on if he wanted to, but he said if it wasn't dry it wouldn't work, and I could look it up, it was true. So sure enough, as G walked into the living room in the top of the 3rd inning with the Giants at bat, pulling the shirt down over his belly, there went a line drive into left field. It was the start of a beautiful thing.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

I lived in San Francisco while my husband did a graduate degree. The Giants still are our favorites.

I miss the City.