Thursday, September 23, 2010

I like to visit

but I am glad I don't work here. My company bought their company a few years ago. There is a lot of pressure for this site to become profitable. The people are nice, friendly, helping me to understand the work. Several of them will take me to dinner shortly (friendly, but they also get a free dinner out of it). The management, not so much. We are all under orders to communicate ONLY with G, and he will approve any communications. He doesn't want us to distract them from his agenda. I'm not thinking this will be helpful in actually managing my collaboration where I want to know something.

On the other hand, it is a stunningly beautiful drive from the hotel to the site, gorgeous as only a seaside road in Southern California can be. Too bad I am sitting in a cube while I tell you about it.

No comments: