Friday, February 13, 2009

Travel is SO broadening

Greetings from the Richmond (which has 3 syllables, by the way) International Airport, where I am quaffing beer while waiting for Cuz to get off work and fetch me. I love it when I get to go to a new airport, and this one is quite nice, fairly new, and I have a lovely view of the runways. This is one of the flattest places I know.

I must say I like the people I work with. They are a lot of fun and even the pointy HBWT only skewered me once. We have one class clown who really could do stand up comedy so that is vastly entertaining. Everyone hugs and jokes and it is not too dull. Of course, I like to hug the people I like. I tried to hold out my hand the PHBWT when we parted, but she insisted on a hug. Whatever.

So I went to Philadelphia Airport today after my meeting finished. I tried three terminals before finding the right one, got checked in and dumped my bag, made it through security and went to check out the ladies' room. I found a stall big enough to get my computer bag and me into at the same time, arranged myself and found myself staring at a very substantial latch on the door with a label reading " Hiny Hidey". Yup, I'm not making it up.

1 comment:

elinorina said...

OK, how does "Richmond" have three syllables? Can you spell it out for us? :-) [Some sort of weird Southern humor, tweaking the Yankees? Possibly...]