Wednesday, January 10, 2007

How to bake a chicken

The food section in the local rag was especially good today. Of course, anything I read about food sounds good, especially since I am trying to eat less of it these days. Enchiladas at Casa Vicky's, yum. I'll have to try the Pupusas at Donut Field - I didn't know about those. But the recipie for Zuni roast chicken looks to die for. http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/living/16425250.htm. (Sorry cuz, you will have to be satisfied with the bread salad - it looks good too.) I don't eat chicken skin, but do know that the inside tastes better when the skin is great.

After salivating over the thought of the chicken, I re-read the recipie. Serves 2-4. 827 calories. 8 tablespoons of olive oil. 1/2 - 3/4 pound of bread. Surely one could make the warm bread part as directed using olive oil cooking spray, use a whole lot less of them and still have a luscious dinner. Whatever are these people thinking??

No comments: